If you dream of joining an organization that is small enough to be noticed and big enough to provide a meaningful employment opportunity, we want to hear about you! The House of Commons Administration is currently looking for young, aspriring professionals to staff multiple positions as part of the Summer Student Employment Program.
We are proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People for 2019 for the third consecutive year. This recognition highlights the many youth employment opportunities and programs offered at the House.
Top reasons to join our organization:
- Attractive student salaries Prerequisites EducationHave full-time student status (secondary or post-secondary) in a recognized institution;Be registered as a full-time student in your next academic term.AssetBe bilingual in English and French.Specific RequirementsBe a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;Be a minimum of 16 years of age. Competencies
- Gym located on-site
- Student social club
- Cafeterias exclusive to employees
- Downtown Ottawa: a vibrant place to work!
The core competencies that students will develop are:
- Client focus Outcome The objective of the Summer Student Employment Program is to provide full-time or part-time employment opportunities to students, whether in high school, CEGEP, college, or university across all service areas of the House of Commons Administration. Essential Information Please note that only applications submitted through our Career Portal will be accepted. Applications must be submitted no later than 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Daylight Saving Time) on May 21, 2019.If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact Student Recruitment at students-#removed# before the closing date and time of the recruitment and selection process. We will respond to enquiries within 24 hours (excluding statutory holidays and weekends).The House of Commons is committed to an inclusive workplace that ensures full and equal access to employment, development and advancement opportunities for current and future employees. Relocation and travel expenses incurred during the recruitment and selection process are the applicant''s responsibility.A variety of assessment tools may be used to assess candidates.The masculine form is used in documents for the sole purpose of simplifying them: it is not discriminatory in any way.
- Analytical and organizational skills
- Adaptability and self-management
- Teamwork and networking