At Societe Generale, you will be joining the Global Finance entity of SG Corporate and Investment Banking. We provide our issuer clients (corporates, financial institutions, public sector) with capital raising solutions, along with structured financing and commodities, forex and interest rate hedging. Developing tailor-made products and providing strategic advice (capital structure advisory, financing schemes and capital markets) based on our worldwide expertise and in-depth sectorial knowledge, we aim to meet their financing needs. We are a top player across euro debt capital markets and won many international accolades over the years as a worldwide leader in export, project and natural resources & energy finance.
MMF provides financing and advisory solutions to metals and mining clients across a broad spectrum of activity Clients range from single-asset junior developers through larger producers with diversified portfolios and global activities Broad array of banking products and services include lending and related credit products
During your VIE mission you will be in charge of these responsibilities :
• The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for supporting deal origination, evaluation, structuring and execution, with a large modeling component
• The individual will also be involved in credit processes, deal closing processes and transaction monitoring
• Additional responsibilities will include preparation of marketing materials, keeping abreast of market trends, clients evolutions. Day to day responsibilities include but not limited to: Ongoing support to the team for the origination, structuring and execution phases of transactions
- Assist in the preparation of marketing materials and pitchbooks - Monitor mining finance deals in the market and maintain global transaction database - Perform sector analysis and peer comparisons, as required - Review potential prospects Credit analysis and new deal applications
- Support the preparation of credit memos - - Regular update of financial standing of existing clients Update internal analysis tools and software to support credit and KYC processes Closing of Transactions
- Support the closing process and liaise with the middle and back office and other areas of the bank, as necessary - Ensure required closing documents have been received/prepared Reporting: The individual will report to William Turlington, Director (Toronto) The individual will support the team broadly and will coordinate with deal team leaders as appropriate The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in Toronto is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 24 months. The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France’s eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. For further information, please see #removed#
Profile Your profile
Graduate with a Master degree from Business school or University, majoring in Finance.
A previous experience in Investment Banking would be appreciated.
You are fluent in English.
You are proficient in Office application.
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English.