The Fort St. John Swim Club is currently accepting applications from experienced individuals for the position of Assistant Coach.
Inconnu is a competitive club supporting an average of 75 regional, provincial and national swimmers in our development and competitive programs. Inconnu is supported by many volunteers and overseen by a Board of Directors. The Fort St. John Inconnu Swim Club trains in a 6 lane, 25-metre pool.
Our ideal candidate will be a talented individual with a growth mind set, an aspirational vision and experience working with children and youth. We are looking for a positive, enthusiastic, professional individual with a vision for long-term growth in the club.
Reporting to the Head coach, the successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
• In collaboration with the Head Coach, write and deliver assigned groups swim practices
• Responsible for coaching swimmers in the Fundamentals and Learn to Train stages of long-term swimmer development
• Instruct correct competitive swimming techniques, demonstrating proper use of equipment and observing swimmers to identify and correct mistakes in a positive manner
• Deliver swim instruction in a fun nurturing, competitive and developmental environment
• Organize a dry land program for assigned age groups as set out by Head Coach
• Attend swim meets as directed by the Head Coach
• Follow coach conduct and practices as outlined by CSCTA and Swim BC policies
• Communicate with swimmers and parents on a regular basis- develop tracking system for individual goals and achievements
• Administrative duties as needed
• Fully qualified level 1 NCCP or higher
• Possess expert knowledge in all technical aspects of competitive swimming
• Minimum 1-year coaching experience with Provincial Tier 1 and Tier 2 swimmers
• Prior competitive experience or equivalent an asset
• Knowledge of Team Manager and other computer software utilized by swim clubs
• Strong technical, organizational, leadership, communication and interpersonal skills