The YMCA of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford is currently hiring for School Age Child Care Supervisor.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the day to day operation of a before and after school program in local schools throughout the Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford areas.
- Responsible for developing and implementing a program that meets the developmental needs of children 3.8 - 12 years of age, while adhering to the YMCA policies and procedures and quality standards, as well as the regulations of the Child Care and Early Years Act.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to the Assistants to ensure the delivery of program and supervision of children takes place.
- Identifies program needs and requests for appropriate equipment.
- Since the program takes place in a shared space, this individual maintains and fosters good relationships with school personnel, parents and other staff to promote the program within the community.
What We Offer:
- Experience in Early Childhood Education, Recreation, Child & Youth, an asset.
- Must provide clear Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Screen.
- Must have Standard Level C + AED Training prior to start.
The YMCA of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford is committed to creating an inclusive environment that accommodates all individuals, including those with disabilities. We support the goals of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Acts (AODA) and have established policies, procedures and practices which adhere to the accessibility standards set out in the AODA. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process please do not hesitate contacting our Human Resources Department. The YMCA of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford is an equal opportunity employer.
About YMCA Of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford
- Positions start at $18/hr (inclusive of WEG).
- Part Time Split Shift, approximately 25 hours a week.
- Professional Learning Opportunities available monthly.
We know childhood is a special time when the seeds of future success are planted. Our YMCA Child Care programs are based on curriculum that encourages the physical, mental and social development of children.
As Canada’s largest child care provider, the health and well-being of your child is at the core of everything we do. At the Y, you'll find a group of caring and dedicated staff who make every day a special day for your child.