Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve. Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you. Explore CGI - your next career with Canada''s leading IT firm.
Do you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment? Are you excited about working with some of the world''s largest global companies? Do you want the opportunity to tackle challenges and make a real difference? Do you want to do all of this while building a career in Atlantic Canada? If so, we may have the role for you.
We are seeking a Director Consulting Expert to join our business consulting team to support presales activities and develop strategic opportunities. You are expected to be different. A thought leader and fearless problem solver, you understand business and technology disciplines well enough to recognize business problems and how/what technology can be leveraged to solve business problems.
You are adept at evaluating / assessing operations and making recommendations, you engage effectively with C-level executives and lower level managers to help them adopt the right solutions to overcome their challenges. You thrive in an environment that challenges you to take on a varied set of tasks, each having different outcomes.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
* As a Director Consulting Expert you will be responsible for the initiation, planning and
realization of thought leadership within the business unit, mainly in the form of concept and
* You are a ''trusted advisor'' who can develop strong client relationships, your passion lies in
customer creation, retention and value generation.
* You enjoy working with business developers and service delivery directors in pursuing
complex opportunities that require out-of-the-box thinking.
* You listen to clients, you talk to your experts and leverage a broad set of technologies,
methodologies and platforms to define solutions that are different from the competition and
targeted to meet customer expectations.
* You are a strong communicator and love telling stories about how your ideas will help your
* You keep up with what is going on in your industry and are always keen to engage with
people on industry trends and direction.
* You''re responsible for providing content marketing (publications, white papers, blogs, etc.)
and you represent CGI on forums and actively manage innovation initiatives.
* Your credibility and expertise will help us win business with new and existing clients. You''ll
work in a billable capacity on challenging problems for some of the world''s largest
* The Director Consulting Expert is the contact point for Atlantic Canada CGI professionals and
the development of their subject matter expertise.
* As a Director Consulting Expert you are part of the Management Team and provide direction
on emerging technologies and trends.
* You are engaged in the local technology community and are committed to helping us grow
and improve our talent pool.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
* Minimum 8-to-10 years of experience working in the Information Technology industry. If
you have worked across multiple sectors, such as financial services, insurance, oil & gas,
utilities, and transportation sectors, it is even better
* High-end management consulting experience in the areas of strategy, architecture, process
improvement and / or IT optimization
* Demonstrated experience with consultative interaction and selling to high-level (CxO)
* Working on multiple, diverse engagements simultaneously
* Partnering with multiple internal stakeholders, balancing conflicting priorities
* Team player, can work independently, entrepreneurial, strong business acumen, prior
experience working for business consulting firms is a plus.
* Bachelor''s degree or College Diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science or
Engineering, or a related field of study or demonstrated progressive relevant work
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients'' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at #removed#
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.