seeking fulltime outside sales representative-plumbing for our port coquitlam branch.
bartle and gibson co. ltd. have been in business since 1944. with 31 distribution centres we are a leading distributor in plumbing, heating and electrical supplies across western canada and the north west territories. we are committed to providing our valued customers excellent service and team members an exciting and positive workplace.
we are currently in search of a career orientated person to join our team at our port coquitlam location. this position handles plumbing outside sales and quotations to our customers. the position operates in a fast paced, dynamic and rewarding environment. you are a self-motivated team player efficient at using your time and are often referred to as a dependable individual who enjoys physical labour.
you are self-motivated and have the experience to back up your past success and are no stranger to working in a fast-paced environment that requires attention to detail and great communication skills. your organizational skills shine through in how you manage your workflow and you are in search of a career opportunity with great potential.
reporting directly to the plumbing sales manager, you will be responsible for all outside plumbing sales and quotes, quote follow up and after sale service. your major focus will be on growing our business by calling on and servicing an existing account base as well as developing new accounts in the plumbing sales industry. some travel will be required within the lower mainland.
your job duties are, but not limited to:
job duties & responsibilities:
- responding to inquiries and processing incoming calls and orders
- contacting current customers and identifying new products and potential up-selling
- entering orders into system
- purchasing materials for customers and sales negotiations
- sourcing materials for customers when currently not in stock
- opening new accounts and closing orders
- maintaining knowledge base on current products and learning about new products
- providing product information, pricing quotations and follow-up on quotes
- offering technical expertise on products to purchasers
- developing and maintaining positive customer relationships
- ensuring that customers are satisfied with order taking, product, pricing, deliveries and overall service
- working closely with others to ensure customer needs are met
skills & competencies:
- exceptional customer service
- ability to warm up and develop instant rapport with potential customers
- ability to develop long term relationships and generate referrals from your customers
- excellent interpersonal & communication skills, both verbal and written
- impeccable organizational skills with attention to detail
- time management & multitasking skills to serve several customers at the same time
- strong networking skills, outgoing personality
- excellent computer skills (word, excel, email)
- self-motivated; able to function effectively both independently and as a member of a team
- proven ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a fast-paced work environment
qualifications & education:
- minimum grade 12 education
- candidates should possess a minimum of two years’ sales experience (counter sales, inside sales or outside sales)
- post-secondary courses in plumbing preferred
- skilled in serving and negotiating with institutional and industrial purchasers, plumbing contractors and the public
- experience using microsoft office
- knowledge of the plumbing industry or a background in plumbing pr