This is a great opportunity to become an employee of CGI in Edmonton to provide leading IT services to our clients. We are seeking a senior level Project Manager who has a minimum of 10+ years of experience managing small to large scale application management and development projects in a complex environment. Strong experience with PMBOK aligned Project Management Methodologies is necessary. Experience with Waterfall, Lean, Agile or Iterative methodologies is desirable.
Your future duties and responsibilities
- Development of project proposals, project charters, and project management plans;
- Managing the time and effort of the project team;
- Ensuring proper change, scope, risk, and expectation management are applied;
- Reporting accurate project financial and profitability figures;
- Managing a remote team;
- Holding regular status meeting with team and clients and providing regular status reporting;
- Play a lead role in the development of business requirements documentation; and
- Ensure that projects are executed in accordance with CGI''s ISO 9001 quality guidelines.
May be required to:
- Mentor other team members;
- Assist the PMO by providing some delivery management reviews to other projects;
- Participate or provide leadership in local PM practice group; and
- Participate in other business analysis and/or management consulting engagements as necessary.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Successfully graduated from a recognized post-secondary institution in related field;
- Formal PMBOK aligned Project Management training through either university or college courses, PMI certification, or corporate sponsored education (unless diploma or degree is in Project Management);
- Experience using Earned Value project management techniques;
- A minimum of 10 years IT related experience;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Government sector IT and/or Financial systems;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong verbal, written, facilitation, and presentation communication skills in English;
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple priorities;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Experience in managing remote teams;
- Ability to perform successfully under limited supervision; and
- Strong problem solving and decision-making.
- Clear verbal and written English communication skills;
- Experience and skills in managing small to large scale application maintenance projects in complex environments for a minimum of 10 years;
- Ability to converse with technical team members and manage a development team;
- PMBOK aligned Project Management Methodologies experience; and
- Minimum of 10 years IT industry experience.
- Training and experience in financial systems;
- Formal PMBOK aligned Project Management training through either university or college courses;
- PMI certification, or corporate sponsored education (unless diploma or degree is in Project Management);
- Project Management experience in government sector.
- Earned value project management technique experience; and
- Scrum Master certification.
• Application Management;
• Business Analysis;
• Joint Application Development;
• PMBOK-Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMI);
• Project Management Professional;
• Scrum Master;
• Risk management and Stakeholder engagement; and
• Team building and leadership
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.